Satellite
  • Day 19

    Pooseum, Old Hobart Town, Puddle Duck

    March 9, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    We got up to yet another busy day today. To begin the day we drove to Richmond which was about 15 minutes up the road from where we are staying and arrive just in time for opening of the Pooseum. Who ever knew there was so much to know about crap and I mean that in the literal sense. From what different animals do, to the different uses for effluent, from making eating and drinking implements, to paper and sculpting and even in the creation of alcoholic beverages, including a malt whisky which is made near by. It could also be put to good used to solve our carbon emissions issues, if only our politicians weren't so full of it. And I even learnt there is an artist who sculpts and gilds effluent... so you really can therefore polish a turd! It was a really crappy experience! And I mean that in a good way, but enough of the bad poo puns.
    After Pooseum we wandered up the main street of Richmond, had early lunch before going to Old Hobart Town, a miniature replica of what Hobart was like in 1820, based on a similar idea of Cockington Green back home. It is a fascinating replica of Hobart, and there are 4 little challenges to keep kids entertained. Millie found all 4, which included a boy falling out of a tree, a lady swinging a stick at a snake, a Tasmanian tiger (and her cub) and a man "rescuing" a kangaroo from the river. There were plenty of other amusing little jokes in it, but these were the challenge for the children. I also got to check out the old Richmond historic bridge before we left Richmond.
    Then we moved on to Puddle Duck Winery where we did more wine tasting, had afternoon tea and Millie got to feed the friendly ducks and play on the play centre there. She had a lot of fun and got a peacock rubber ducky for the bath.
    We finished off there and got back to our accommodation in time for me to vacuum the car before mum and dad arrived to look after Millie while Lindz and I went for dinner at the Cascade Brewery Bar.
    Read more