Satellite
  • Day 20

    Chilled shopping and park day

    March 10, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Today was a fairly chilled day.
    We left the cottage by 10:30 a.m. and made our way to Eastlands Shopping Centre Rosny Park where we did a spot of shopping and had some lunch.
    We decided earlier in the day that as much of the trip had been about going to historic sites, visiting wineries and distilleries, and was undoubtedly quite boring for Millie that today we would find a large park where she could have a play for a few hours. We found a park called the train park, and here there were some large slides and some train based play equipment. As usual she spent several hours running around, burning off some energy and making a new friend called Ava. She had a really good time and as usual when came time to leave she didn't want to. But her friend had to go as well so we said goodbye and headed into the Cat and Fiddle Arcade. We had just missed the 3 p.m. showing of Hey Diddle Diddle so we hung around, had a coffee and doughnut and waited for the 4 p.m. show which Millie really enjoyed.
    After that we did a spot more shopping in Hobart and then made our way down to the docks and ferry terminal, and the Historic walk to spend a bit of time before the pre wedding dinner with the family at the Drunken Admiral. Good food and huge serves, it was a great meal.
    After that it was late and we headed back to our accommodation for bed. Tomorrow is going to be a big day with Gerry and Chat's wedding.
    Read more