Satellite
  • Day 1

    Bon Voyage!

    November 10, 2016 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Time to head off to the airport!

    A bit about this trip: Matthew and I are headed to Paris via Iceland with our dear friend Tammie and her daughter Sierra. We are just leaving for the airport now. I will be posting live updates throughout the trip, but please note that a large amount of posts will have a time delay due to lack of wifi while out and about. Posts will upload to the Web once I either enter a wifi area or return to our room at the end of the day. Feel free to comment on any posts- no sign up required, but please include your name in the comment so I know who you are!

    The story behind the bag: In 1995, I had the opportunity to travel to France on a school trip. I have such fond memories of this trip but sadly hardly any photos to show for it. Back then we had film cameras, and you had to make that roll of film last your whole trip. You also had no idea if your photo turned out until you came home and developed the film. Sadly, most of my few photos taken didnt turn out very good... and some of those photos- I have no idea what they are photos of anymore. It's one of the reasons I want to photo blog this trip this time. So I can look at the photos later in life, and actually know what I'm looking at too!
    Oh... I was supposed to be talking about the bag... sorry. I went off topic for a bit there. Back to the bag... Each of us on that trip in 1995 were given a duffel bag with our names embroidered on the top and the year, school acronym and the Canadian and French flags on front. Fast forward 21 years, and I still have that bag. While I have many other better bags, it seemed only fitting that I take this old worn out bag back to Paris with me. I just NEEDED to do it.
    Read more