Satellite
  • Day 47

    The Final Day

    December 6, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    It was something of dilemma this morning. Do we go to the final Test Day and buy extra tickets, or do we take up the invitation issued by Jeannie, our previous tour guide to visit her at home? We were not convinced that the improvement in England's batting would continue today, so we caught the bus to Hahndorf and met Jeannie for lunch. It was clearly the right choice as England didn't last long. We met Tim Rice in the lift on our return to the hotel. He was disgusted, having cancelled a flight to Sydney this afternoon to hopefully watch England level the series! We went out to supper this evening and Paul Collingwood, Paul Farbrace and Trevor Baylis were ensconced in the corner of the restaurant. The discussion appeared serious!
    In contrast we had a great day. A good lunch and an introduction to Jeannie's home town and a few friends. She lives in the beautiful Adelaide Hills and we were fortunate enough to see eclectic gardens and homes that could only be Australian. I still cannot get over how friendly people are here. They welcome complete strangers into their homes without batting an eyelid. It is quite an experience.
    Tomorrow is moving day and we head for Western Australia. We'll see you later!
    Read more