Satellite
  • Day 36

    Chill Time

    January 19, 2014 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Palm Cove, Queensland, Australia
    Sunday, January 19, 2014

    Since our last chat we have moved further up the coast to Palm Cove, for our final week. We arrived here on Friday and have settled in to our villa, which is on a small development around a lovely pool set in a tropical garden. The weather has been steadily around thirty degrees and the rain has abated. It is tremendously hot almost everywhere else ( 40s ), so we are counting our blessings! Palm Cove is very attractive with a Palm fringed beach, some shops and really good eateries. We have discovered a great place called Vivo, who have a cocktail happy hour between 3 and 6pm with tapas accompaniment. So now, we keep finding our way down there late afternoon to try another cocktail. Well, we do feel it is our duty to test them out for quality control purposes. We did actually eat there last night on the verandah. It was gorgeous, both food and setting; virtually on the beach with the sea gently lapping the shore. Yet another of those moments to savour.
    We are in our final week and it beggars belief where the time has gone. Chill out is gradually seeping into the bones. Having said all that we are off on what is probably our last trip of our adventure. We leave early in the morning for a 4wd trip up to Cape Tribulation and the Bloomfield track. It is a further exploration of the Daintree rainforest and we are really looking forward to it. I'll report all the happenings tomorrow, swimmers are packed.
    TTFN.
    Read more