Satellite
  • Day 24

    Dublin

    September 9, 2017 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Off on the ferry to Ireland, goodness this thing is huge, and I think they go across 4 or 5 times a day. That's a lot of cars and people. The seas were a bit rough but it was a very smooth crossing. Found our way into our B and B, Dublin is pretty easy to drive around except the traffic lights are so slow. Once we'd settled in we got a taxi into the city to try out some Guinness and dinner. Had a fun couple of hours in the Temple Bar, drinking and singing, I even liked the Guinness. Then found a nice Restaurant across the way for another yummy dinner. Don't think anyone in Dublin stays home on a Saturday night cause it was packed in there. So many pubs and restaurants all of the full to overflowing.

    Next morning and we off to the Guinness Storehouse, for a tour. It was great and really interesting, plus you get a free pint of Guinness at the end, who doesn't love that. After some lunch and an hour wandering around their huge gift shop (at least the Guinness had some time to wear off) since we were on a Guinness theme we got the maps up and decided we'd head down to Kilkenny. It's only about an hour and a half and it was a pretty easy drive.

    There are a lot of people here and we couldn't really figure out what they were all doing until we got up near the castle and the road was roped off. Turns out the Cannonball road race finishes at the castle today. it's a charity race for make a wish foundation. Ha ha it was fun watching them come in, 160 hot cars and a huge crowd, two little boys next to me were so excited they were ready to wet their pants when the first one finally came through! "Oh My God Oh My God" one of them kept saying and the other one who was only about five gave me a running commentary on what they all were. That was good cause I didn't have a clue!

    Found a couple of pubs with some live music to finish off the evening. Good day!
    Read more