Satellite
  • Day 32

    Sleive League

    September 17, 2017 in Ireland ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    After the very grey day yesterday we woke up to picture perfect blue skies today.

    Drove out to Sleive League Cliffs. How gorgeous are they? Absolutely amazing and we had the best weather for it!

    Heading over towards Belfast to a place called Downpatrick) to see aGuitar factory in the morning. Pulled up in the Main Street thinking we'd find somewhere to stay, only place there was a dumpy looking hotel with washing hanging everywhere and very dodgy looking people sitting out the front. That's not happening.

    So after searching the Internet and the gps we found a couple of b and b's rang one who didn't answer but the second one did. Paddy's Barn it was called. Off we go to have a look. It's about a mile out of town, pulled around the back when we finally found it, It didn't look too promising either. About five mangy dogs running around and building stuff pulled up everywhere.

    We went in anyway, and it was gorgeous! Chock full of people having dinner and finishing off a christening party. The chef owns the house behind and runs a the Pub and the B and B.

    The B and B was beautiful and immaculate thank goodness. Back to the pub where Alex and old guy we'd been talking to when we arrived bought us a drink. Had a great chat to him and then a beautiful dinner.

    We chatted to 2 young couples at the next table for a while and they told us some spots to visit tomorrow and then bought us a whisky! Over the Whisky we heard the story of Lilly, the pubs ghost! Luckily she stays in the pub and not the B and B. They tried to get Gabriel ( the pub owner) to tell us the story but he said it had to wait for the morning!
    Read more