Satellite
  • Day 33

    Guitars and Giants!

    September 18, 2017 in Northern Ireland ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Next morning we had breakfast with Gabriel and heard all about Lilly the former owner of the pub and her frequent appearances. Sounded pretty convincing I must say. I wished we were staying another night so I could have another shot at seeing her!

    Visiting the Lawden Guitar Factory this morning and I was prepared to be bored out of my skull but it was a very interesting tour. Very production line, but still a lot of hands on stuff.

    Turns out the Castle Ward nearby is a famous Game of Thrones Location. More the grounds and the old castle and stable yards. Must do a lot of work before filming. You could recognise the locations but only just! Lunch at the Lobster pot in Strangford and then off to the top of Ireland for the Giants Causeway and Carrick-a-reek rope bridge.
    It didn't take as long to get up there as we thought so we stopped in at The Dark Hedges on the way. The Kings road in Game of Thrones!

    It was still not quite five when we got to the Giants Causeway. A good time really because most of the tourists have left. All the bus groups anyway. Amazing rock formations and the views from the top of the cliff walk, spectacular!

    Doesn't seem to be as much music in Northern Ireland which is a bit of a shame so off to find a feed and a bed for the night!
    Read more