Satellite
  • Day 45

    Yorkshire Dales

    September 30, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    Leaving Penrith to travel over to West Yorkshire. Sarah has planned out a route to take us over the smaller roads of The Yorkshire dales.

    We took our time and stopped for lots of photos breaks. Another beautiful vista around every corner. Stopped for coffee at the cheese factory at Hawes where they tried to convince Graham the way to eat fruitcake was with a huge slice of cheese on top. He's usually up for any weird combination and he gave it a go but it was too much for him.

    The Yorkshire dales are lovely, beautiful rolling hills with rivers, streams and waterfalls everywhere, hundred of miles of rock walls and stone barns. Gorgeous cows, horses and sheep. It's a pleasure just to look at it.

    Found our next B and B in Oakworth. Talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous. This one is as tiny as Sarah's was huge. Abby our new hostess is lovely and it seems to have everything we need so I'm sure it will be fine once we stop bumping into each other.

    There's a steam train that stops almost at the end of the driveway so we went down to check it out. Took a ride up to Keighley and then back to Howarth. Bronte sisters town of fame, very picturesque Main Street but omg the walk up from the station nearly killed me. Talk about steep.

    Taxi ride back to Oakworth and one of the pubs for dinner.
    Read more