Satellite
  • Day 54

    Silkeborg

    October 9, 2017 in Denmark ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    So this morning we are in Silkeborg at Jonas and Johanna's. Nice relaxing morning and a walk around the lake and a bit of the town.

    Jonas is in navigation training while we are here, and today his flight goes over Silkeborg. So we had to be at a certain spot at a certain time to watch them fly over. It is only a little plane and they were flying really low, was very exciting actually, they wagged their wings at us when they saw us waving.

    We went off to find some lunch and have a look at the church they're getting married in. At the end of the square and beautiful of course.

    Jonas come home about two and we took a trip out to Aqua which is an very small zoo Johanna works at some times. Good deal because she got us all in for nothing just in time to watch the otters being feed. They are so cute and so greedy!

    Then off to visit Himmelbjerget, Sky mountain. There are not many mountains in Denmark and this one is a big hill really but beautiful views out across the river and we'd taken a picnic so we enjoyed the views with our cake.

    Johanna is making us a special soup tonight from potato, pesto, bacon, tomato and some vegetable which none of us could really figure out what it was in English. Jerusalem Artichokes, the root of the sunflower surprisingly enough. Delicious with a few wines and scrapbook memories of South America. Great night!
    Read more