Satellite
  • Day 28

    The Eagle Has Landed!

    July 20, 2018 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Well it took 29 hours but the tour party has finally arrived in Olomouc and checked into the Clarion Congress Hotel!

    We have decided not to walk into town after all, as our18.30 arrival hasn't left us much turnaround time before dinner, so the important things took priority, you know things like getting luggage to rooms, freshening up and unpacking in the case of the staff...

    ...In the case of nearly EVERY student on the trip it was "let's immediately find the Wi-Fi code because OMG it's been over 10 hours since I had a signal and I can't cope LOL and what am I gonna do about my 'Snapchat Streak' with my BFF back in Northampton ROFL!!!!😆😆😆😆"

    On the topic of rooms I have to admit to feeling a little bit guilty: all of the staff are actually in single rooms for this hotel which is lovely but whereas my colleagues opened their doors to their room and en-suite; on opening mine I stepped into the lobby, proceeded into the lounge and leisurely strolled back round to my bedroom and en-suite! In many ways it's more problematic as with SO much space and room it might be easier to lose things, so reluctantly I suppose I can take one for the team this time round!?!

    Dinner is in 5 minutes in the hotel restaurant and then I imagine the exhaustion will kick in; first concert day tomorrow, Kromeriz here we come!!!
    Read more