Satellite
  • Day 19

    It's happened! an open restaurant, yea!

    April 21, 2021 in Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    At last an open restaurant, with tables service and all!
    For me the first since October 2020!
    Suddenly something banal becomes really important.
    I have now left the department of Odemira into that of Sines and the restaurants are actually open. I'm going to have an orgy!

    On a different note, this morning I met a wonderful couple from Australia, David Bangma and Amelia Gill. Both lived a while in London, then decided to escape the craziness of COVID to Lisbon, then things got crazy in Lisbon and they moved for three months into this region to have the sea nearby for surfing. David is Graphic designer, Amelia works for and ad-agency and both work totally virtually although they miss the social contact of the normal working world. Apparently life in Australia is totally normal. No lock down, no masks no craziness.
    I am Meeting many people here who have fled Germany, France, or Britain to come an live here near the sea while the World goes crazy. Most are working remote. One German Surfer I met is part of a technical call Center for engineering products he takes the calls from the beach. After 17:00 He is on his surf Board. There is a totally new professionell world appearing.

    This morning as I marched, I philosophised about ants. Everywhere I saw endless roads of ants, Perfectly organised straight lines which I followed for tens of meters. Half of them going in one direction, the other half in the other direction. They were not carrying anything, just crawling, sometimes meeting each other for a split second and then moving on. Where were they coming from? Where were they going? What were they doing? And why?
    Read more