Satellite
  • Day 68

    Day 68 - Vlissingen to Bruges, 38 miles

    June 22, 2016 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Long day today and mostly dry!

    Day started with the short ferry ride across the estuary from Vlissingen to Breskens then a nice ride along the Dutch coast. Plenty of fellow day trippers out on their bikes as well. At the border with Belgium it was time to head in land towards Bruges following the canals and pleased for a calmer day as legs were feeling tired after yesterday.

    Was in Bruges by mid afternoon and didn't take long to cycle round the old town as very small centre. Beautiful city and would be a great place to visit for a weekend with another half.

    Stayed in a hostel today just out the centre which was nice and was in a more locals area rather than the very touristy centre. After checking in headed to a local bar and got talking to a Belgium guy and his Argentinian girlfriend who were have a few match beers before Belgiums euro game against Sweden. After a few 8.5 percenters we all then headed up to the fan zone in central Bruges were the atmosphere was buzzing. Great evening partying with a few thousand very happy Belgium fans where even a huge thunderstorm couldn't dampen the atmosphere. Great fun but got a feeling I'm going pay for it tomorrow!
    Read more