Satellite
  • Day 17

    Barrio San Antonio & Cali river

    September 18, 2016 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Sept, 7 – Cali

    Barrio San Antonio: Bohemian neighbourhood with hills on every street. Old colonial houses now refurnished for Hostals, restaurants and tourist places. Slow walk around the little old church Iglesia de San Antonio next to the sister convent where Cris used to buy handmade cookies by sisters that could never leave the convent. Amazing view of the city from this hills. It is a shame is early in the morning, darkness, moon and lights at night bring a different atmosphere. We walked up and down through the streets to find nice hostals and eco-tourism agencies.

    Blue – Pacific Coast Food: Amazing jaibas filled with rice in coconut cream, maduros (ripe plantains) and cheese plus Arroz con Tollo (rice with shark) served with Aguadepanela con limón (lemonade sweetened with something like brown sugar). We ate listening tambores from the Pacific.

    Walk on the Riviera Rio Cali; We visited el Gato de Tejadita (Cat by Tejadita). Is a sculpture made from one of Cris favourite artists from Cali. The city created more cat sculptures based on this one donated by the artist. Visited Museo la Tertulia and enjoyed old bid trees on its back.
    Read more