Satellite
  • Day 4

    Visiting the Holocaust Memorial Museum

    July 3, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Today we started with our Embassy Suite all you can eat gourmet breakfast spread. Absolutely love the custom omelette offering. Soon after we walked a short distance to catch the Metro train to the Holocaust Memorial Museum. A bit crowded at the start, but a very interesting (albeit, at times, very disturbing) account and display of the events leading up to the holocaust and the atrocities that occurred during that time.

    When we left the museum, although it was still at least 90 degrees outside, it was also raining! Didn't last long though. We walked to a nearby mall where we found a food fair and had our lunch. The Columbia vs England group of 16 game was on and we were able to watch it for a short time. Until a fire alarm went off and we were all evacuated. We headed back to the hotel and arrived just in time to watch the penalty shootout at the end of the game.

    At 5:30 we went down to the hotel lobby to enjoy the free drinks and snacks which are offered daily at Embassy Hotels every day between 5:30 and 7:30. To end the day we walked to Fashion City where the kids and Laura shopped for an hour or so.
    Read more