Satellite
  • Day 2

    First Full Day

    April 29, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Trip is a going well. Had tons of leg room on the Seattle - Honolulu flight. We were right by the emergency exit doors. Picked up our ride at the rental place and drove into town. Went for a bite to eat at a food fair in the Ala Moana mall before heading to our condo.

    The condo is alright. Great for the price. We're on a noisy street plus we need to run noisy AC units in order to keep the heat down in the rooms. But it's close to the beach and has a full kitchen so we can save by preparing our own meals.

    Yesterday we started the day with brunch at The Cream Pot, which we were able to walk to. We then did grocery shopping. First at Costco. Then for smaller quantities, at Walmart. After bringing it all home and having a snack we walked to the beach and went for a swim. We lazed on the sand for about an hour but didn't want to burn so headed back to the condo.

    Made ourselves a pasta dinner with Caesar salad for the main course and sliced, Hawaiian Pineapple for dessert. After a bit of r&r for me and the boys, and a run for mom and Emma, we walked to the big, Ala Moana shopping centre. Not much there in the way of bargains, but over 350 shops to choose from!

    Back at the condo I managed to find a show of interest from the 2000 available channels!
    Read more