Satellite
  • Day 6

    Pearl Harbor Tour

    May 3, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    After eggs this morning, we all walked along the canal and to the Ala Moana shopping Center. We were interested in checking out the only other ROSS store on the island after a successful bargain hunting trip to the ROSS store closer to our condo a couple of days ago. We thought it would be the larger of the two, but it wasn't to be. Jaden picked up a nice pair of aviator style sunglasses and a t-shirt, and Laura a pair of shorts, but that was about it.

    After a quick break at the condo, we hopped in the car and drove to Pearl Harbor for our scheduled tour at 1:00. It started with a 20 min. video explaining why the Japanese attacked and how they managed to inflict so much damage. Following the video we boarded a boat and were given a narrated tour of the harbour showing the locations of the various battleships that were destroyed in the attack. For a nominal $1 fee per person, that was by far the best deal we've had on the trip!

    We spent the afternoon at Waikiki Beach, trying to shield ourselves from the sun as much as possible, still feeling the burn from our snorkelling adventure at Hanauma Bay. Aaron and Emma tried surfing and were able to catch a few waves! I tried boogie boarding, but failed to catch a single wave. Will try again tomorrow.

    The day ended back at the condo where we made dinner and watched shows on the television and various devices. We missed the Friday fireworks at the Hawaiian Hilton.
    Read more