Satellite
  • Day 49

    Cañon del Sumidero & Party

    June 18, 2021 in Mexico ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Elise and I decided to take a tour - which was soooo worth it!! 3 miradors and a (kinda speed) boat tour through something like Grand Canyons…. At one point the guide explained the stonewalls go up to 1,2km… the views were incredible. There was a small waterfall going down which we drove past, many crocodile which are supposed to be vegetarian, baby crocodiles and monkeys. Nature and wildlife are really fascinating I want to experience more like this and then in a more untouched environment and not as commercialized.
    The small city we had a stop in afterwards was a big disappointment and really expensive as well - if we hadn’t seen the price on the menu we wouldn’t have believed that a fucking Tlayuda cost 130pesos… and not even a really good one! In the evening I went to visit Elise at her hostel, found a Churro place by accident (I have been searching for one for my whole time being in Mexico!!!) and had a weird but great evening with some people in Puerta Viaje. Shaved eyebrows, having to chug drinks and me: running against a glass door are only parts of it… th night ended with a nice night club with live music and salsa and spicy tacos at a nice food stand on the main market area at 2 am.
    Read more