Satellite
  • Day 45

    THE SWISS ALPS !

    June 23, 2022 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    So I got myself over to the mountains ! I was worried about the trains getting there but I managed pretty well🤞
    The train ride to Grindelwald was like nooo otherrrr. I have decided that this blue is my favourite colour. I sat next to a girl from Vietnam who was travelling with another Vietnamese girl that she had met by talking in Vietnamese on the phone and they had been together for the last 3 days. Her name is Khanh and she was doing uni on exchange in Madrid and we chatted the whole train ride.
    I was trying to ask the lady in the seat opposite me something so I asked if she spoke English and she said no but then started talking to me in English so I was so so confused. When she got off, Khanh proceeded to tell me that I had actually asked her if I she spoke German. Welp 🙊
    Anyway I caught the gondola up to Maennlichen and took a quick selfie because I was the only one in it and it’s not everyday you can get a photo with such ginormous mountains. I hope the gondola camera security people enjoyed watching me hold on when I went over the bumpy bits 🥰
    There were some cute cows with bells that rang when they moved and then quite a big cow as the kids playground.
    I walked from Maennlichen about an hour and a half to Kleine Scheidegg and I saw a group of 3 walkers ( who turned out to be from England and one had a daughter living in Melbourne) trying to take a self timer photo with Mount Eiger (and it was not working for them) so I offered to get one for them. They then snapped this shot of me , so here I am with Mount Eiger !
    Then also the same with these 2 girls when I walked into a cute viewpoint hut at Kleine Scheidegg, so here is me in my blue raincoat and backpack- and then a selfie with my blue bucket hat to match💙 no I did not bring any other clothes as my brain didn’t really register that it was in the mountains, there was snow, and so it would be cold? Very luckily I had a completely funny day until I got onto my train home !
    I have also added some more cows for your enjoyment (make sure to imagine the bells ringing when they move). And then here are some more pics on the train ride down to Lauterbrunnen ;))
    Read more