Satellite
  • Day 45

    Trümmelbachfälle and last🇨🇭day🥺

    June 23, 2022 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    This is a long one, so you really don’t have to read. The pictures say enough 🤞❤️ I have started to use this app honestly as a diary of the things that have happened on my trip so I can look back at it and the photos that match the stories :)

    When I got to Lauterbrunnen from the top of the mountain I walked to a waterfall and you took a lift in a tunnel up and got to see different pats of the fall. At the top , there was a huge amount of water coming out and it was so fast. It sprayed onto you when you leaned over the tunnel (it was inside and lit up by lights and a small bit of natural light from parting in the rocks above it) and so I wore my rain jacket so I could go closer. It was so so loud you could hear it from ages away. I got some cute older people who I caught the lift up to the top with to take a picture for me so here I am with a bit of the waterfall next to me !
    On the bus back we passed a restaurant that was chilling drinks in a little stream which was very cute and smart.

    It had been sunny all day which was amazing (as this was the same day as the other hike) and so it started pouring on the train back. My train to Zug got cancelled, then the next train stopped before Zug because a tent had fallen onto the tracks in the wind. All of this was told to me over the loud speaker in German but I have become quite good at realising something is wrong when the people around me start sighing or walking away from the platform or looking up other train timetables. Everyone is really nice and most people speak English so I asked the lady who was doing a sudoku next to me what the speaker had said and she told me we all had to get a bus !

    Another girl then overheard me saying I was going to Zug and said she was too so we caught the replacement bus together. She was really sweet and told me about how she grew up in Germany but her dad was from Dubai and her mum from India, and she told me about how she found it living there as a resident and how she had moved to Switzerland so she would have more freedom and to be able to work. She told me about her cat too who is apparently a deva and how her husband got another cat because he was jealous and his cat is quite the gentlemen. Anyway , it was really late by the time we got there but she walked me to my bus stop because she was going a similar way so that all made the trip quite fun even though it took me 5 hours to get home instead of about half that.

    I didn’t do much yesterday (the 24th). It rained all day so I FaceTimed some friends and fam, watched some tv and tidied up to pack my bags. There was also some sort of plane show that happened during me eating my lunch so that was pretty cool (a bit scary at first- it was so loud and seemed unusual because all of the neighbours were taking photos) but I later saw a sign about some sort of plane festival so I guess I just got a sneak peak <3
    The sun came out in the afternoon and so I went on a walk in both directions around the lake at the perfect time to see the sun making the trees and buildings and windows and water golden. It was so beautiful. The photos are in the second half of this post :)

    This morning I went for a very early swim in the lake and the water was warmer than the air. It was so so luvlyyyy. Then I packed my bags and got on the train to Milano Centrale to then go to Rome again. I will miss Switzerland a lot and will most definitely come back 🤞🌼
    Read more