Satellite
  • Day 64

    Korčula island

    July 12, 2022 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We caught a 2 hour ferry from Dubrovnik to Korčula island. I think it was where Marco Polo was born or grew up or something. It is a beautiful island and we had the best two days there :)

    We went swimming and Sara was climbing up the ladder and the screws were loose so she fell back into the water while still holding on. It was hilarious and she was okay. We had no idea what to do with the ladder after though , that sought of thing has not been very common to happen to us. Then , not even 10 minutes I jumped on a sea urchin so I’ve been putting my foot in vinegar since being back at Sara’s Nonna’s today and yesterday. Quite an eventful swim. But the water was so so nice. Very salty too.

    We met with our two friends we’ve known since high school (but from a different schools) and we hung out with them the whole time. There is a blurry photo of us because it was a Live Photo and I had to freeze it. We all just laughed the entire trip.

    We had the longest day getting back because we read the ferry time wrong and missed it , so missed our flight and then had to get another flight (rip my savings and the hours I worked for that) and that one got delayed by 5 hours. So much went wrong that day that we could only laugh so we spent the whole day so tired and completely delirious.
    Read more