Satellite
  • Day 6

    Germany - Lemberg - Gasthaust Newpert

    May 16, 2017 in Germany ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    We decided that after four days with the MG club we should do a few miles. So after crossing into France then briefly into Luxembourg then back into France we are now well and truly in Germany.
    The weather has been hot today with a forecast of more tomorrow. I was driving in a tee shirt with plenty sun tan cream.
    The car was great. Even on the long climbs in third and fourth gears at 3000rpm the temperature never went above 82.

    Tonight we are tired and we still have not found the best way to navigate. Today we tried my mobile as it is easy to plot a route in google maps on the lap top then send it to my phone. Mandy spent ages plotting a nice scenic route and this morning we set off from the hotel and had not gone a mile when my phone decided it could not cope and lost the route. So after a while we stopped and got Mandys lap top out in a town tourist office and put the route in again. This time it lost it when my phone rang. So we are going back to the sat nav but this time we are putting in enough way points so it will not deviate from our route as it did last time.

    The guest house we found is nice and has been in the family for six generations the food was filling and well cooked. The car is hidden round the back in a secluded car park next to a very old house with rotting woodwork.

    I checked the fuel mixture in the car which was perfect. The oil level could do with a cup full, and about half a pint of water in the radiator which I will do in the morning.
    Doing laundry as we travel can be tricky so I took advantage of a warm engine to dry mine. I hope I remember to remove it tomorrow!
    Read more