Satellite
  • Day 18

    Old Motors Club of Malta

    May 28, 2017 in Malta ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    What a nice welcome we had from the members when we turned up in the MG at the very nice club house. Today is Sunday and they were having a car boot spare parts sale and I found a dip horn switch exactly the same as the one in my TC. We sat and enjoyed a drink in the clubs comfortable bar/cafeteria.
    Several of the members went out of their way to to come over and chat and as I expected the standard of the Maltese classic cars I saw is outstanding. Tony Vassallo give me a beautiful calendar and copies of the newsletter which were all of the highest print quality.
    One member called Joe Anastasi guided us on the quickest way to Golden Bay then his English wife joined us for a meal. As we followed him to the bay I said to Mandy that we could not be in better company if we have a puncture as Joes family have a tyre business and he said they might even have a tube the size I need. Joe is also a Vincent owner. He looks a lot like my late uncle Laurie and he has the same surname as my mum's maiden name so we might be related which wouldn't surprise me.
    What a fantastic club they should be very proud.

    Later in the day I read the car club news letters I had been given and noticed that in the May edition there​ was a picture of a Rover P5B and I remembered that Brian Salmon sold his to a man in London who was moving to Malta. I checked the name of the owner with Tony and phoned Brian to ask the buyers name. It is Brian's rover. Small world!
    Read more