Satellite
  • Day 11

    nós chegamos em Portugal na chuva

    May 25, 2018 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    A nice drive on empty roads from the bumpy roads of Spain to the better roads of Portugal. The weather started dry, we stopped and put up the hood just before the rain started which was on and off and heavy at times. Nothing came in the car which surprised me as we did not put in the side windows. This is the first time since I bought the car nearly three years ago that it has been driven in heavy rain.
    The rain cleared as we left the mountainous area and we are now in a beautiful little sleepy town at the top of a hill called Torre de Moncorvo which you will see on the find penguin map in the north of Portugal opposite Porto. We were instant celebrities as we arrived up a long and very steep first gear cobbled road into the centre. If the sat nav had any sense it would have taken us up the road that winds gently up around the edge! Many photos were taken of the car which is now outside the beautiful old hotel Casa da Avó with the tonneau up. We had time to walk around town and visit the church before the sky turned black and the heavens opened.
    Our hotel is worth a mention as it was the best so far in terms of old old fashioned luxury Casa da Avó was truly beautiful I will post some pictures.
    We are still about 650klms from our destination.
    Read more