Satellite
  • Day 53

    homeward bound

    November 25, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Dear travel journal,
    This is it - the last day - sad face.
    I woke up this morning and took my time getting up and then headed out to breakfast. Its soo cool here with the gardens and trees everywere its like a mini oasis and i was the only one at breaky so it was all for me. The hotel staff are awesome. I walked over the the breaky area and the lady said goodmorning and asked if i was in room 17 - why yes i am. Then she asked if i wanted eggs and how i would like them cooked. Then once i was seated came over and was like 'your checking out today right, would you like me to organise you a taxi? What time would you like to leave for the airport?' Um yes thankyou. Then i went to the spa (in my hotel) and had a back, shoulder and head massage. Which actually started with her giving me a foot bath and scrub and then had aan awesome massage, she was really digging at my knots which really helped. Then i showered and packed - its not pretty but i managed to make it all fit - winning. Then i was out and off to the airport. First flight, chiang mai to bangkok. Which was delayed by half an hour. Then we sat on thw run way for ages. The flight went pretty quick though and they fed us which i wasnt expecting so that was nice. Then i made it to bangkok, the bags took over half an hour to come out then i was out into the airport, check back in, through security and immigration and ran to my gate. Got there 5 mins before the boarding time on my ticket. Omg talk about rushed. The next flight was ok, singapore airlines is always nice but my flight was filled with first and business class people lol. I got sat next to a couple with a young child who head butted me and kept kicking me and was grabbing things off my food tray. It was quite annoying. Like seriously you were offered a bassonett but said no, at least sit her on the isle not next to me. And then the guy next to me on the other side (kinda hot, watching videos on dopamine receptors, so he must be smart too) got knocked by someone walkig past while drinking water which went all down his business suit front. Lovely people lovely... but it was only 4 hrs so it was ok. The sigapore stop over wasnt too bad. Just walked around a bit and had a hot coffee (decaf ofcourse) and then brushed my teeth and put my hair in a plat. Pretty much got as ready to sleep as i could. And then on the flight i finished watching the bfg and then tried to get some sleep. The flight was only 7 hours apparently but i probably managed to get about 4hrs sleep. But now im back in brisbane (stuck on the plane on the run way due to gate congestion) i dont feel too bad. Wishing i was still abroad but excited for all the changes to come.
    Till the next adventure xoxo
    Read more