Satellite
  • Day 85

    Do you know the way to San Jose? Ues!

    July 18, 2018 in Costa Rica ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    So I flew in yesterday to Costa Rica and got a cheap place to stay in San Jose for the night. A nice little place next to the park. The park is very 70/80’s and use to be the old airport. I dropped my bags about 10:30 and went off to have a look around. Considering I didn’t want to fly or go to a capital city, this was my only exception so far.
    San Jose appears to be quite modern and really multi cultural with a lot of different people walking around. The city centre is pretty standard, busy, lots of places selling meat and some veg places on the street. I think I’ve hit the Avocado stash, saw a guy selling big avos, 5 for 1000 colones. About £1.30! I also saw some avos as big as a guinea pig, I don’t know what type they are, but they are huge!
    I headed back tot the hostel and dropped off all the stuff I’d bought to make guacamole. It came to about £2, which is awesome as CR is supposed to be expensive!
    I then headed to have a little look around the park. Not much to report, kind of a poor mans run down Albert Park. The swimming pool was closed. Yawn.
    Now, I’m sat on a bus waiting to leave San Jose to La Fortuna in the north. I don’t know what to expect apart from more volcanos and some hot springs, maybe a sloth or two!
    Just arrived and it seems biblical rain is standard every afternoon
    Read more