Satellite
  • Day 27

    El nido day 1

    April 12, 2018 on the Philippines ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Up at 3am to finish packing and grab some breakfast. Had a taxi booked for 3.45 which showed up about 10 mins late. Took about 30 mins to get to the airport and checked in very quickly. Managed to catch the last of the Real Madrid v Juventus champions league match which was quite exciting. The flight was very quick and got in to Manila 20 mins early! Back round to departures in the domestic terminal for the next leg of the flight to El Nido.
    The next flight was on a tiny propeller plane which on the whole was fine but the landing was quite dodgy. Lovely views but felt like we were going to end up in the sea! The airport was tiny and I think Air Swift are the only company that flies there. Had to get a trike to get from the airport to the hostel and it was actually quite far away!
    Got to the hostel to find a beautiful landscape view. The hostel front was right on the beach and had seats with a great view across the bay. I checked in but couldn’t go to my room until 2pm so I sat and chilled for a bit and tried to get hold of Beth. She was still in town as she had been staying at a different hostel for the last 2 nights. Went to meet her and the gang in town and went to get some breakfast. Met 2 new people who had joined them travelling here - Alex and James. We also went to book onto a tour for Saturday called tour Z which is basically a booze cruise! After eating we all headed to the hostel and got checked in. My room was nice, 4 bed mixed dorm which had air con. Met Matt in there who is from Hawaii and seemed nice. We spent the afternoon chilling on the beach and taking in the views.
    The hostel was quite far from town so we stayed there for the rest of the night. We had food at the hostel which was really nice. Also had lots of rum and cokes and played lots of drinking games. The bar closed at 10 so we bought and bottle of rum and carried on the drinks on the beach. Did a bit of star gazing while we were at it. Headed to bed at around 1am feeling quite tipsy!
    Read more