Satellite
  • Day 31

    El nido day 5

    April 16, 2018 on the Philippines ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    Woke up at 9am and packed my stuff ready to check out. Had some breakfast at the hostel but managed to accidentally order a 6 egg omelette by mistake so felt very full! Headed on a trike over to the zipline which is only a couple of beaches along the coast. Had to climb up an insanely steep hill to get up to the top. Once there I got harnessed in and given a helmet and was good to go. The line went from the hilltop, across the sea to an island on the other side. It was super fun although a bit scary cuz I went down the whole way backwards! Landed at the other side safely and bought a souvenir photo of me on the line. Then had to try and find my way back round to the road and trikes. Walked along the beach quite a way which was very pretty. Stopped off to get a drink at a bar on the way. Eventually found some stairs up to the road. Got the trike back to the hostel and then chilled there for a bit. At about 2.30pm I headed into town to get some cash out and then got a trike to the airport. Arrived really early but the airport had free snacks, drinks and decent WiFi so I didn’t mind too much. The first flight left half an hour early so I was less worried about missing the second one.
    Got to Manila early to find out that my second flight was late, classic. Eventually got my second flight an hour later than scheduled and got back to Iloilo at about 10.30pm. Got a taxi back to the house, showered and went to bed.
    Read more