Satellite
  • Day 92

    Laguna Apoyo, Nicaragua

    May 21, 2016 in Nicaragua ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    How long: 2 nights
    Stayed: Paradiso Hostel
    Travelling with: Susan, Derek, Tom & Vinnie

    Such a fantastic couple of days spent in the Paradiso Hostel at Laguna Apoyo. This place wasn't on the agenda at all but as we were sitting on the hostel in Granada and Tom was describing it and told us his plan to go we decided to jump in. Also managed to convince Vinnie to join us for a couple of days.
    Got a shuttle with Susan and Derek after we had recovered (somewhat) from the effecst of the night before and made the short trip to Paradiso and were met with a little taste of Paradise.
    The lake is basically the crater of an extinct volcano and the hostel is perched on the edge with its feet dangling in the water. Such amazing views and a wonderful chilled out vibe. The water is amazing, warm, clean and so refreshing.
    Next two days and nights spent swimming, floating in inner tubes, eating lots and drinking way too much rum and coke. Met some crazy people (a girl called Kitten for example), had some adventures (including some naked, midnight crater swimming) and generally made the most of this great place. Fun times with great peoole!!
    Was sad to leave but the journey must go on!
    Read more