Satellite
  • Day 12

    Hospitales in the Sun

    September 17, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    I had my first communal dinner last night, in a big room with a window and door wide open. It was fun and the food was great. So nice not to have a dinner with french fries and other greasy stuff. Javi makes it all, including the bread. It was the best bread I’ve had since arriving in Spain. And he’s a very nice guy. Anyone who is going to walk the Primitivo take note— Samblismo is the place to go. It’s right at the split for Hospitales.

    Today’s walk could not have been better. About 30 K and 1000 m of elevation, so it wasn’t a walk in the park. But it was beautiful, sunny the whole way until we got to the pass. A thick fog rolled in, and we could only see about 10 m in front of us. But as we started down on the other side, it all cleared and was lovely all the way to Berducedo. I had four more kilometers to go to get to La Mesa, but I decided to have my daily Kas de Limon and a handful of nuts. Unfortunately, just as I sat down to enjoy it, it started to rain. And it rained hard the whole way here. I am in a private room, worth every extra euro I have spent above the Albergue price. The hairdryer alone is worth it.
    Read more