Satellite
  • Day 12

    VIENNA

    August 19, 2019 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    The great thing about a river cruise is that it is your floating hotel and all your meals are available for you, but if you are in a city with so much to offer, spend the time exploring and eat with locals. We had a great lunch at Figlmuller, excellent wienerschnitzel and even better friends to share it with.
    So the morning city tour took us around Vienna and to St. Stephen's a beautiful Catholic church that has great history and beautiful spires you can take an elevator to the top, ok, for a cost.
    We wandered around and ended up at Figlmuller for lunch. Subway back to the ship for 15 minutes and back on the subway to the open market tour with our executive chef. Looking at all the fabulous local produce he purchases for our excellent meals. Toured around with Barry, Aly and Kristina then headed back to the ship via the subway again. Ready for a shower and nap... ok a drink too!!! Rested up on the sun desk till I needed a refill and am now in the lounge pre dinner music and cocktails. Others are back from their afternoon adventure of ' paddling through the wetlands' . Looking forward to hearing their stories.
    More later.
    Read more