Satellite
  • Day 8

    Making the most of the day

    May 16, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Might have missed the sunrise but it is still going to be another beautiful day. Breakfast burritos on chili lime wraps and coffee on the screened deck is one way to start the day! Follow that with a bike ride to the beach and a walk down to the south end of the resort. Complex was filling up with weekend guests so we figured the beach would get crowded, plus we got plenty of sun yesterday, so we went on a drive to Firefly. An awesome distillery we discovered a few years ago, they have a variety of vodkas, bourbons, and moonshine. To say we restocked for the summer might give you a clue that we enjoyed it! Across the street is Holy City brewery, which of course we checked out their summer selections and enjoyed a burger and soft pretzels for lunch. By the time we got back to Litchfield, we thought the crowds would be thinning out so we changed, grabbed our towels, chairs and bottled water. Beach was still full so we stayed up on the deck; no crowds, nice breeze, & great view. We did venture down to the water which seemed to feel cooler than yesterday, but still very refreshing. Back to our place to make dinner and drinks. Played some cribbage while dinner was in the oven and enjoyed some wine.
    When you're an Atlantic beach, you can usually get great sunrise pictures, but you have to be up at 6am! We wondered what a sunset would be like.. so we went to the top level to find out. Pretty amazing view as the sun dipped below the trees. Ended the evening with a nice glass of red wine, couple of chocolate chip cookies and a great phone call with Karen who live on the west coast!
    Tomorrow's packup and head home, but not until breakfast & a bike ride.
    Read more