Satellite
  • Day 106

    Another beach day

    September 12, 2020 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We continued along the coast to Güzelcamli today. On the way, we came close to Ephesus, one of the 7 wonders of the world. However, we didn't stop as it only opened at 10am and we expected many visitors on a Saturday. The region is quite touristy with those spa&resort hotels and one aqua park after the other.
    We had a longer breakfast stop in Kusadasi though, as we liked the atmosphere of the harbour and treated ourselves with a proper coffee. In Turkey, most people drink black tea and Nescafé or Turkish coffee don't count as decent alternatives for us 😉 Furthermore, we wanted to buy a local SIM card to not be that dependent on wifi spots anymore. However, this is quite complicated without a Turkish ID. Although it's theoretically possible to use a foreign passport for the registration, we tried at 2 shops today and it didn't work for unknown reasons. The system just shows an error message at a certain point in the process.
    The last kilometers to Güzelcamli, we could follow a bike path along the coast. There were many possible free camping options with toilets and showers on the beach as well. However, we had the opportunity to stay Mustafa's for a night. So after some swimming in the afternoon and dinner in the town, we headed to his guesthouse. Mustafa was busy fixing all the bikes of the kids in the neighborhood and seemed to enjoy it a lot.
    Read more