Satellite
  • Day 3

    Into the wild

    March 20, 2022 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 2 °C

    We started our hiking adventure with a coffee at church square, crossed the bridge to the other side of the fjord, stopped by Arctic Cathedral and continued hiking into a valley. This is where the fun begins!
    After some 6km into the valley, we had to decide if we turn left and go directly to the hut or continue straight and pass by some of the hills. As the sun was about to come out, we took the detour. Looking at the weather forecast, it may be the only chance to get good views this week.
    We climbed up one of the hills and went further and further as we enjoyed the scenery that much. It was super windy though and I was really happy to carry a heavy backpack. Otherwise, the wind would have blown me away in some occasion.
    At some point, we had to turn as we still had quite some kilometers to walk to our hut for the night. The wind was still crazy, at least pushing us forward from behind. We arrived at the little cabin and were really relived to have some shelter from the wind. We made ourselves comfortable, cooked dinner and are now waiting and hoping for the Northern Lights.
    Read more