Satellite
  • Day 7

    Oaho adventures

    October 14, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Arrived in Honolulu this morning. We hopped on the local bus to Waikiki where we got a 50cc scooter each. The guys were very friendly and I "corroborated" my online research with their local advise and off we went. Rocked the right side of the road driving on the scooter, I was a tad nervous at first as the roads are way busier than Bermuda, but didn't overthink it too much.

    We Stopped at Kuilei cliff Beach park on our way to Hanauma Bay, for some snorkeling, then hiked Koko head. We chased the sunset back to Honolulu via Diamond Head and all the lookout points along the way. Enjoyed watching the surfers 🏄. We returned the bikes just after sunset & walked along Waikiki beach.

    We had a fantastic day. I loved the mountains and the contrasts.I expected it to be more touristy based on other peoples feedback that visited before. Don't get me wrong Waikiki is very commercialized but again "moenie jou ore uitleen nie" (don't listen too much to other people); experience things and write your own story. Pearl Harbor will have to wait for another day, nothing beats being outdoors.

    {Issy}
    Read more