Satellite
  • Day 17

    Waterfall Fiji

    October 24, 2016 in Vanuatu ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    There are many local tour operators straight off the pier, everyone is storming you to make a sale, clearly their bread & butter. We much rather support the locals, than doing the standard RC ones which is over cautious &very Americanized. In other places in the world you are born with common sense or at least somewhat guided towards it. I am stunned by the safety comments all over the boat!! Sorry got sidetracked there.

    I wanted to see a waterfall as its so subtropical, so we opted for that tour option. I saw the nervousness in the tour guides eye when we said we want to do the entire walk independently, I assured him we are fast walkers & won't get lost as I studied the route before we arrived in Fiji. The oldie crowd went downhill at a snails pace. We ended up waiting for them and we went the long way.

    In Fiji they refer to "Fiji time" this is even slower than Bermuda or Africa time, a set time does not really mean anything to them. We stopped at a park where people train next to the beach, we were not surprised to see the school kids playing with a rugby ball. The tsunami sign caught my eye, it's definitely a reality in their everyday living.

    {Issy}
    Read more