Satellite
  • Day 20

    Hideaway Island Vanuatu

    October 27, 2016 in Vanuatu ⋅ 🌬 27 °C

    Cruise day 19

    As the photo shows it day 27 of our trip, its unbelievable to think we have been on holiday for almost a month. We really had so much fun it feels like a week. I can do this permanently no problem. 😜

    We had another great tour with our tour guide Clay Westwood who just happen to have been to all the places Isabel's research showed as must do's. Also he knows all the tricks like not having to pay to go to the Island 🌴 if you dive instead of just snorkeling.

    Beautiful dive site called the "Bronzer", with a wreck that's intact and the biggest clown fish colony we have every seen.

    We were lucky enough to see a seahorse for the second time in a couple of days of diving.

    We even saw a cleaning shrimp, who's job it is to clean the teeth of fish eating fish, like sharks. As this little guy does the sharks a favor they won't eat him. I even tried it as I opened my mouth he swam into it& no doubt getting some of last nights rack of lamb leftovers. 😜

    The clown fish was quite a treat, as I get to see the same facial expression on Isabel's face every-time she sees them, as she had when she saw her favorite Disney character in Disney world. She just loves those small clown fish or as she calls them Nemo's.

    The dive site was so close to shore that we literally got back on the boat and dropped our dive gear and snorkeled back to the island. Even the snorkeling was a treat with the amount of fish we saw.

    Just before we got to shore we passed the famous underwater post office of Vanuatu 🇻🇺 . Seems like too much effort to get you mail watertight or waterproof before posting it 😜.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more