Satellite
  • Day 2

    Manly

    November 2, 2016 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    We escaped the piles and piles of laundry for a while, and we strolled to Manly beach. Well it turned into walking around corner & another corner & the next one to the next viewpoint. I wore flip flips (thongs in aussie-land) - not very smart as we ended up walking the entire North Head hiking route. It was breathtaking to see the views over the city, where we sailed in with the cruise ship. The sun is pretty nifty here, I regretted not taking a hat. We recharged with a decent Latte at Bellavista cafe then made our way back.

    The boys went for some touch rugby on the beach when Dobbo got home. There are all these fabulous run&bike lanes along Manly so I decided to go for a run, I Love exploring this way. People is out and about working out, volleyball on the beach, bootcamp in the park, some doing yoga, cyclists, folks walking their dogs & fellow runners. I was amazed to see surfers cycling with their boards. Hanged around watching the world & some seagulls go by. We met Carmien & walked through town. There is a lot of cute coffee spots and quaint restaurants, the coffee culture in Aus bedazzle me. I am falling in love😉 quickly, maybe a bit prematurely?

    We spent the evening exchanging travel stories and and had our first braai since we left the US. Fabulous first day down under.

    {Issy}
    Read more