Satellite
  • Day 2

    MCG - The cathedral of sport

    December 9, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    According to tripadvisor the number one thing to do in Melbourne is go to the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground, not the most imaginative name) and do the sports museum. We thought whats better than actually watching a cricket game there instead of just going to the sport museum. Unfortunately the Proteas was done beating up the Aussies so we had to settle for the Aussies hammering the Kiwis.

    Dylan Marshall who's from Melbourne suggested we have a couple of middies (mid strength beers 🍻) and meat pies. Those meat pies didn't look much better than a garage pie but wow they tasted amazing, as Dobbo said zero nutritional value but packed with flavor 😜.

    As a bonus, Dobbo had a meeting in Melbourne around lunch time and he planned to do some calls after but he decided to join us for the cricket halfway through the first innings, so we knocked back a few middies.

    Australia managed to scrap to 264/8 in their 50 overs after they lost two early wickets and kept losing wickets regularly. Dave Warner however batted through the innings and scored 156 to keep the runs ticking over. The black Caps then started really well scoring 50 runs in no time before losing the first wicket. It was basically a wicket feast from there onwards and they were bowled out for only 147 in 36 overs.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more