Satellite
  • Day 1

    Arrived in KL

    January 9, 2017 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    After an 8 hour flight from the Gold Coast we arrived in KL and even at the airport things looked different from what we are use to.

    We managed to draw some cash and get a pre-paid sim to get an uber to our airbnb home.

    Before we could even request an uber, some random taxi driver saw us and said he will take us wherever we need to go for the same price as uber, so we first figured out what uber will cost and then jumped in with him, he got us to the place ok but we had to close our eyes a couple of times as we could not bear to watch him weave through traffic, almost like a scooter in the third lane in Bermuda but just with 500 times more traffic to deal with.

    Our airbhb host Shin, met us downstairs of the apartment building with a hug. She was very welcoming and showed us around her house and then took us out for dinner to a Chinese place. Isabel expected a very nice Chinese restaurant thus was a bit sceptic of the food when she saw that the Chinese place was just a bit better than a food stall.
    I on the other hand was expecting this so had no problem to dig in, and boy was the food good.

    After dinner Shin showed us around the neighborhood and we got ready for a good nights rest in a nice freezing cold bedroom.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more