Satellite
  • Day 3

    Cycling in rural Vietnam

    January 15, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    This tour just get more interesting by the minute, the communication is very limited wherever we arrive the guide just say lets go. Me and Roedolf realized we are the only people in our group of about 20 that actually have an itinerary (which is a hot commodity as everyone wants to get it from us).

    Well the boat docked we got the traditional LETS GO and moments after we had an option to rent bikes. We don't need much convincing for any sort of biking and for 50,000 it's a bargain . My first bike's front break didn't work, initially I thought I would be ok but then I turned around and got a "new" one. Thank goodness I did because we had to dodge several scooters, dogs and crossed a few shaky bridges. I just focused to not fall into the water as I am carrying our passports.

    We cycled for about an hour, into a remote area. It was amazing to see how these families operate. Everyone leave their shoes outside and it looks pretty standard for a house to have a hammock or two, chairs are tiny or people just simply sit on the floor.

    This was fun and definitely the highlight of our day so far.

    {Issy}
    Read more