Satellite
  • Day 1

    Our new home in Siem Reap

    January 25, 2017 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Airbnb is just legendary! We just checked into our new home for the next 3 days.

    For a fraction of the price of a hotel we get a one bedroom apartment with a lovely open plan living area and kitchen in the heart of Siem Reap. It has laundry facilities which means we can get our clothes from the 11 days in Vietnam washed today.

    Interestingly enough the place belongs to a German guy who has been working in Cambodia for 2 years now.

    The best part is we were able to checkin early and we can checkout very late as we are catching an overnight hotel bus to Phnom Phen on Saturday night.

    After our trip to the Angkor Wat national museum we stopped at a supermarket to stock up on foods we can cook here for the next few days. Thus 3 days without street food 😜. The supermarket on its own was a bit of an experience as most things are very different than what we are use to. A couple of cans of tuna, pasta, fruits, vegetables, bread, egg, coffee and milk and we are good to go. The meats are a far cry from a South African butchery so we are giving it a skip today.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more