Satellite
  • Day 5

    Tual Sleng Genocide museum

    January 29, 2017 in Cambodia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Tual Sleng also called S21 was the secret center of a network of nearly 200 prisons where people were tortured by the Khmer Rouge regime. It used to be a school which Pol Pot's tyranny transformed into a prison.

    Between 12 and 2000 people were imprisoned here. There are only twelve confirmed survivors, if you listen to their stories your heart will break into pieces.

    The torture rooms, the images of the violence and history of this place is was moving. What upset me the most was the expressions of the prisoners,they are completely dehumanized without any hope. Tue cruelty of mankind is beyond belief. It was with a heavy heart that I left.

    It was really creepy how many people wrote in the visitors book about Trump, and how we should watch America. Some idiot even wrote it on the wall there in the prison...where there is a clear sign that says only write on paper. Needless to say the world is concerned about his leadership.

    On the bright side I really do think that its wonderful that a country is so open about the genocide and actually teach their children so history won't repeat itself.

    RIP
    {Issy}
    Read more