Satellite
  • Day 7

    Ran out of gas

    January 31, 2017 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Our rustic adventure got off to a rocky start. Our ticket was for the 11am speed boat that takes 30min to get us to Koh Rong Samloem, at least that was the plan.

    We got to the pier about 45min ahead of time and the boat arrived at the pier at 10:55. It took the best part of 30 minutes to get everyone from the island off the boat and get us on the boat. So the boat ended up leaving the pier at 11:35, the boat was filled to capacity.

    About 20 minutes later we dropped off about 30 people at the main beach and picked about 50 people up. It was extremely crowded but we were the next stop so we did not really care. When the boat pulled away you could feel it was struggling because it was overweight.

    We were just about too far to be able to swim back to land when the boat ran out of gas. What a nightmare, trying to get it refilled in the middle of the ocean. Another 20 minutes of just floating around while the refill and they got the boat started again.

    Finally we arrived safely at M'Pai beach. Only took 2 hours to get here. Now 4 days of relax and no traveling, but we have to face the boat trip back again.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more