Satellite
  • Day 8

    Taxi Island style

    February 1, 2017 in Cambodia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    After an absolute disastrous first night in paradise we are happy to wipe the sand off our feet from the sunset bungalows and move on to our main place where we will be staying 3 nights.

    The shower tap broke off in my hand as i was opening it and water gushed out everywhere, Isabel rushed to help but was unable to close the main pipe tap outside the bungalow, she then went to call a staff member to help, the guy managed to stop the water bit he was unable to fix the tap, but said he will see if they can find a spare.
    Later in the restaurant we asked the rude french manager if they were able to fix it and he said no, when I asked him for some compensation or discount for our discomfort he continued to accuse me of being to strong and breaking it and threatening to not serve us food and chase us out in the middle of the night which will mean we will be sleeping on the beach. With some sweet talk and some french by Isabel we managed to get food and stay the night. They managed to fix the shower by the time we got back to the room but the rudeness of the manager already earned this place the worst review I have ever wrote for accommodation.

    There are no roads on the island so either we walk the 25 minute walk with all our luggage or we take a water taxi.

    Work smart not hard thats my moto.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more