Satellite
  • Day 19

    Last few pleasures at the Pullman

    February 23, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    This week was really the first time since the start of our trip that we have been bored. Sometimes bored is good, it's really hard work to run from one experience to the next, we really needed a bit of relaxation and to do nothing for a week.

    In fact this week went by so quickly its hard to believe we have to leave tomorrow.

    This is the only accommodation I booked on this whole trip; Isabel is normally the one booking accommodation and I do the flights. But this time I wanted to spoil her a bit with a 5 star experience so I booked it and she only knew the name of the resort prior to us arriving here, I did not show her any pictures or reviews of the place.

    I must say the resorts facilities are amazing, the room, gym and the pools are all great. The only complaint that I have is that the service from waiters and hotel staff other than the front desk staff is very poor. In the 7 days laying next to the pool, not once did any waiter ask us if we would like a drink. Two mornings at breakfast we did not even get coffee. But on the plus side the drinks and food at the resort are very expensive. The bad service almost encouraged us and most other guests to just purchase drinks at the 7 eleven across the street for a quarter of the price. This one couple even had a bottle whiskey of their own next to the pool. You would think that the resort management would want to promote better service to increase sales.

    We had a great time and hopefully one day we will have a bathroom like the one we had here in our home. 😜

    {Roedolf}
    Read more