Satellite
  • Day 3

    Day 4 - 1,873 Miles, The North Atlantic

    January 7, 2020, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 79 °F

    Day 4 - 1,873 Miles

    Southwhere in the Caribbean Sea of The North Atlantic south of Jamaica.

    The ship’s internet service was a bit spotty yesterday, so if you’re following along it may have looked like we had dropped anchor off the coast of Cuba. We’ve been cruising along at an average speed of 18.5 knots.

    Last evening we attended the ship’s production of “Tuxedo” in the Constellation Theater and it was was wonderful. It was an hour of nonstop singing and dancing, countless costume changes, and the cast was accompanied by the Regent Signature Orchestra performing a modern take on some classic music. Tonight’s show is an ABBA tribute!

    Jay and I attempted to do some track walking at the top of the ship this morning. I finally surrendered to the wind speed of ”Moderate Gale” 35 knots (42 miles per hour) and “Moderate” seas of 8 - 10 feet. Not certain how yesterday’s calm and today’s moderate can have the same wave height but for me it was like walking on a moving rope bridge with winds similar to sticking my head out of a moving car.

    Time for a Caribbean grilled lunch on the pool deck.
    Read more