Satellite
  • Day 1

    Waikiki, Hanama Beach

    June 15, 1992 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Another day which didn't exactly go our way, but eventually worked out alright. Everyone knows the saying "there's no such thing as a free lunch". Well, the same goes for breakfast, as we found out this morning. We were "invited" to a free tour of the city and breakfast. What it actually turned out to be was breakfast and a one hour power sell of Aloha/VIP tours around Hawaii.

    We decided to give the tours a miss - not prepared to fork out too much at this stage, and besides that we already had a hire car. By the time we got back to the motel, having been sidetracked by the Honolulu Marketplace where we bought 4 t shirts for $14 and also stopped for Baskin-Robbins ice cream, it was nearly midday. We changed & set off for a beach on the north of the island.

    Taking the Pali Highway, we stopped at a couple of spots for sight-seeing. Pete discovered he had lost his spray so - back to Honolulu, where he discovered it had been in his bag all the time! We made our way back to the Pali Highway and then up the northeast coast. Went through lost of lush green vegetation, eventually passing the Chinaman's Hat. We stopped and had a swim and sunbake at Kahana Bay. The water almost felt lukewarm - warmer than the air. We had to leave earlier than planned to return our borrowed beach towels by 6:00. We were worried about the $20 fine per towel for late returns!!

    Now it's off for dinner at the Spaghetti Shop.
    Read more