Satellite
  • Day 18

    Disneyland, Day 2

    July 2, 1992 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Another poor night's sleep from me, and the kids very tired, but who couldn't get up knowing we were going to Disneyland again. We decided to drive rather than take the shuttle bus, leaving us a lot more flexible time-wise. Arrived at Carl's Jr 5 minutes late for breakfast so had to settle for burgers instead.

    On arrival at Disneyland we went again on Space Mountain and Star Tours. We repeated many of the rides of two days previously - all the roller coaster ones that is, but also went on Autopia again, as well as Alice in Wonderland and Mr Toad. I felt rather tired and at one stage just had to sit down and have a coffee at the Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue. It was a day for losing things - Pete left his glasses in the 3D movie, Sean left his glasses .. somewhere. We bought him another pair which he nearly lost after about a 1/2 hour! He then left his hat somewhere, and I later picked it up at the lost & found later on.

    We ate at the same place as we did two days before then did a little souvenir shopping. We got a good spot for the Main Street parade at 8:50 but found later that we had to stand. Sean was complaining bitterly but the woman kept telling him to stand up. It was just torture. The parade itself was impressive. Lots of floats covered with coloured lights followed by a fireworks display. Then a last bit of shopping before heading off for Buena Park. When we got back a fax from Joyes informed us that mum & dad had unsuccessfully tried to call and were worried, so I phoned them.
    Read more