Satellite
  • Day 29

    San Francisco

    July 13, 1992 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    I was nervous again and didn't sleep well. Nicole was also very restless, so we were a bit slow to get moving. Pete was up early as usual and went to get us day passes on the buses and had to wait a little while til they opened. We finally got going and went to find a bus that would take us to the cable cars. We had to wait in a queue while a bloke sang awful music.

    Lots of derelicts around and also lots of people with cups begging outright. The cable car was packed but we managed a seat. We got out at Fisherman's Wharf and started to cruise the shops. A few people performing for tips. We made it to Pier 39 and kept wandering around. Also watched the sea lions for a while and took a photo of Sean outside a left-handed shop.

    After watching a man performing on stilts we headed back for a bus to Coit Tower, but not before buying a plethora of souvenirs including a bag to put them in. Good view from Coit Tower but I was a bit nervous and didn't have much of a look. $11 for just a few minutes wasn't really worth it.

    Needed to catch 2 buses to get back to the hotel by which time Nicole was too tired to eat, so she went to bed while the rest of us went to the Hard Rock Cafe, much earlier today so we didn't have to wait. We actually had time in the evening to relax, read and watch junk TV. Played rummy with Sean for a while.
    Read more